Inglês - Aprenda Lendo

The Pirate
==========

A seaman meets a pirate in a bar, and talk about their adventures on the sea. The seaman notes that the pirate has a peg-leg, a hook, and an eye patch.

The seaman asks:

-- So , how did you end up - with the peg-leg?

The pirate replies:

-- We were in a storm at sea, and I was swept overboard into a school of sharks. Just as my men were pulling me out, a shark bit my leg off.

-- Wow! -- said the seaman. What about the hook?

-- Well..., replied the pirate, We were boarding an enemy ship and were battling the other sailors with swords. One of the enemy cut my hand off.

-- Incredible! remarked the seaman. How did you get the eye patch?

-- A seagull dropping fell into my eye, replied the pirate.

-- You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?, the sailor asked incredulously.

-- Well... -- said the pirate -- it was my first day with the hook.

The Pomegranate, Apple-Tree, and Bramble
========================================

THE POMEGRANATE and Apple-Tree disputed as to which was the most beautiful.

When their strife was at its height, a Bramble from the neighboring hedge lifted up its voice, and said in a boastful tone: "Pray, my dear friends, in my presence at least cease from such vain disputings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- eye-patch - tampao (do olho)
- how did you end up with - como voce acabou com esta ...
- swept overboard - jogado fora do barco
- school of sharks - cardume de tubaroes
- bit my leg off - arrancou a minha perna
- board - abordar
- battle - batalha, lutar
- sword - espada
- cut my hand off - cortou minha mao
- seagull - gaivota
- dropping - fezes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- apple-tree - macieira
- strife - disputa, briga
- height - auge
- bramble - arbusto do tipo das framboesas
- neighboring hedge - cerca vizinha
- lift up - levantar
- boastful tone - tom vanglorioso
- at least - ao menos
- cease - parar

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Redação Ti Nota 10 - Klauss

Prova Discursiva nota 10 - Banca Cespe

Portugues - Orações