Aprenda Lendo - Inglês

Little old lady
===============

I was shopping at Kroger and noticed a little old lady following me around. I stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at me. She finally overtook me at the checkout, and she turned to me and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son." I answered, "That's okay."
"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy." She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her way out of the store, I called out, "Goodbye, Mom." The little old lady waved, and smiled back at me. Pleased that I had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, I went to pay for my groceries. "That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.
"How come so much . I only bought 5 items.." The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things too."

_________________________________________________
- buy (buy, bought, bought) - comprar
- call out - gritar, falar outo
- checkout - saída, onde ficam os caixas do mercado
- clerk - atendente
- follow - seguir
- furthermore - além do mais
- hope - esperar (de esperança)
- how come so much? - como deu tudo isso?
- ill at ease - desconfortável
- keep (keep, kept, kept) - manter, ficar
- late son - filho falecido
- little old lady - pequena velhinha
- make me feel so happy - me fará sentinr muito feliz
- notice - notar
- overtake - ultrapassar
- pay (pay, paid, paid) - pagar
- say (say, said, said) - dizer
- shop - comprar
- silly - estúpido
- smile back - sorrir de volta
- stare - encarar, olhar fixamente
- stop - parar
- sunshine - brilho de sol
- turn to - virar-se para
- wave acenar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Esta mensagem encontra-se na Internet no endereço
http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2008069.shtml
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Redação Ti Nota 10 - Klauss

Prova Discursiva nota 10 - Banca Cespe

Portugues - Orações